This look can also be achieved using the balayage technique, but only applying it on the lower section of the hair strand. Balayage allows for more strategic color placement then highlites. Your stylist paints where she pleases, sectioning off smaller ¼-inch to ½-inch triangular pieces. Another bonus of balayage is that it doesn’t involve foils, thereby making it less damaging and time consuming: Being a conductor of heat, foil processes more quickly and aggressively, which can cause color to look brassy on brunettes.
Are you daring enough to try either look?
Eyes are the windows of the soul. They reveal your confidence and
lend individuality to your face. The right eye make up can help in
creating magic and getting attention to your eyes. Whether it is the
right shade of eye shadow or skillfully applied mascara.
1. Choose a good concealer. Always choose one shade lighter than your skin tone and completely cover any dark circles. Since the smoky eye is very dark, you want to be certain you have good coverage here.
2. Draw a line along the upper lashes with a black eye pencil. Start thin at the inner corner of the eye gradually getting thicker as you work your way out.
3. Draw a thin line as close to the lower lash line as possible. You can stop either one third of the way in or take it all of the way in to the inner corner. It all depends on how dramatic of a look you want. Play around with both and see what looks best on you. Liquid eyeliner is also very handy to use; try experimenting with both pencil and liquid as you get two different effects.
4. Apply a neutral shade all over your lids right up to the brow.
5. Apply a darker shade such as dark brown or gray to the outer corner of your eyelid just up to the crease. Blend in well. Gradually build up to your desired color.
6. To brighten eyes, apply white eyeliner or eyeshadow to or around your tear ducts.
7. Use a black kohl pencil to line the top of your lashes and smudge it in with a cotton bud.
8. To finish the look, apply lots of mascara, but stop before your lashes start to clump. Two coats of a volumizing mascara should be sufficient. You may want to put a card between your eyelids and lashes to avoid messing up the eyeshadow.